RIM has released their Q2 results:
– Shipped approximately 8.3 million devices
– 3.8 million net new BlackBerry subscribers
– Revenue was $3.53 billion, up 3% from $3.42 billion last quarter and up 37% from $2.58 billion last year.
– The revenue breakdown: 81% for devices, 14% for service, 2% for software and 3% for other revenue.
– Total BlackBerry subscriber account base was approximately 32 million
Jim Balsillie, Co-CEO at Research In Motion said “We are pleased to report a strong second quarter with excellent financial performance, successful product launches and accelerating growth in international markets and new market segments. RIM is entering the second half of the fiscal year and approaching the holiday buying season with an impressive product portfolio, continuing business momentum and strong marketing support from our partners around the world.”
Thanks for being a great Canadian company RIM! Bring on the 8520, 9700 and the Storm 2 please!