Shortcovers, the ebook reader for your mobile device, has been having some great success lately. Nice to see a Canadian company doing well. They have just announced that after a very long 8.5 weeks they have finally received approval from Apple for version 2.0 of their iPhone app. They state that some of the highlights are:
- A fully browsable store on your iPhone — check out books by category, browse bestseller lists, and check out new releases in a wide range of categories without ever leaving the app;
- Covers everywhere — a full-screen cover when you start a book, covers on all of our lists, a “cover only” view of the books you’ve purchased;
- Offline reading, with full titles saved to the device, but with everything still also safely stored in the cloud in case you move to another device, drop your iPhone in a lake (it’s happened!) or want to switch to the web and pick up right where you left off;
- New page-turn animations and reading display options;
- Bug fixes and performance improvements galore.
More here at Shortcovers and get the app here from iTunes