With WIND Mobile coming off their CRTC foreign ownership hearings last week they’re officially waiting for the green light to launch… and speaking of green, nothing sounds better than a new carrier coming out and answering questions about their operation.
Chris Robbins, CCO (Chief Commercial Officer) of WIND has written a good piece titled “The Environmental Question” and it’s about how they’ll be implementing a number of “green” and eco-friendly practices that will help our environment. Perhaps we’ll see them next year on the ABI Research study called “North American Green Carriers” that TELUS dominated this year. Maybe they might even bring on a green device.
Robbins said “One of the questions we’re seeing frequently – both in-person and on this site – is what we’re planning to do around being green.”
– We are having all invoices by default online for launch, reducing the expected sheets of invoices by more than 15 million pages in the first 18 months of operation
-We are enabling digital displays in all of our retail environments, reducing “paper” postering for communication
– We are trying to limit packaging for all of the products that we sell. This is a joint responsibility and activity with the manufacturers
– We are putting manuals, terms, warranties, basically as much information as we can, all online rather than in the bag or in the box
– We are implementing a handset recycling program
– Our store design is incorporating recycled materials, plus bamboo which is environmentally friendly due to its sustainability
– Our store design is incorporating high efficiency lighting and heating
– We’ve specified environmentally-friendly cleaners for our stores