Last week it was leaked that a small Waterloo-based company was going to release a BlackBerry watch called “inPulse”. Today, to coincide with the Ontario ban of hand-held devices while driving, Allerta has announced that inPulse is available for pre-order at $149.00 USD.
Allerta describes the display-only Smartwatch as “inPulse is the perfect BlackBerry smartphone accessory – it’s a watch that connects wirelessly to your phone by Bluetooth, instantly alerting you of incoming emails, SMS and calls. inPulse extends the functionality of your BlackBerry smartphone, so when you’re in a pinch you can check your inPulse instead of fumbling around with your phone.”
Here are the specs/features:
- 1.3″ full colour organic light-emitting-diode (OLED) display
- Bluetooth v2.0+EDR
- 150 mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Glass lens and full metal body
- 22mm interchangeable wrist band
- Vibrating motor
- Micro-USB port (for charging)
- Over-the-air firmware updates
- Dimensions: 51mm height x 38mm width x 12mm depth
- Charging is also very quick and usually takes less than 30 minutes.
- Battery should last approximately 4 days
- designed to withstand mild splashes (from washing hands, rain, etc)
- Supports BlackBerry smartphone with OS 4.3 and above
If you are going to get one, this is only available on a pre-order basis in USA and Canada. In addition, inPulse is entering the final stages of production and should be ready to ship by February 2010.
More here at Allerta