The best Twitter app for the iPad just got better, as Tweetbot has been updated to version 2.3 with a number of excellent new features in tow.
The most impressive of the bunch is a new tweet detail view, which has taken over the ‘right-to-left’ Replies tab. Instead, both Conversations and Replies have been incorporated into the ‘left-to-right’ movement, which makes a lot more sense since very few tweets have an overwhelming number of both.
Tapbots have added another long-requested feature in the ability to mute an individual user’s retweets, a common occurrence for over-ambitious Twitter users. Both Storify and Droplr, two popular services that have been built around easy sharing of conversations and images respectively, have been added to Tweetbot 2.3.
The app is $2.99 and is well worth it if you have an iPad and use Twitter as anything more than a passing fancy. Full change log after the break.
– New tweet detail view with inline conversations and replies (swipe right to left on a tweet for quick access)
– New gesture in tweet detail to get back to the timeline quickly (swipe left to right)
– New conversation view now contains both the conversation and replies (swipe left to right on a tweet for quick access)
– Ability to email conversations or post a link to them via Storify when in the conversation view
– Droplr Support
– Video thumbnails now have a “play” icon to differentiate it from image thumbnails
– Timeline sync bookmark icon is now an optional setting
– Reorganized tweet drawer (last two buttons have gone through some options reorganization)
– Added thumbnail support for Vimeo links
– Higher res image uploads when on wifi
– Hold down compose tweet button to quickly open last draft
– Support for $stock links
– Improved email format when sending tweets, DMs, or conversations as email
– Arabic Localization