Finally. Ever since RIM announced they’ll be taking the BlackBerry 10 Jam on a “World Tour” I’ve been waiting for them to open up registration. The only Canadian pit stop on the 2-month tour is Toronto on June 21st. The Toronto registration is not yet open, but RIM just went live with Milan and Barcelona – so developers who are interested should reserve your spot (I personally think it’ll sell out fast).
The day includes a look into BB 10 and “its strengths, the vision,” plus how you can develop apps for the new platform. In addition, RIM will also have a limited amount of the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device. Here’s a look at what the breakout sessions include:
– The Anatomy of a BlackBerry 10 App
– Cascades Fundamentals / BlackBerry 10 Cascades Samples
– Start to Finish: Developing a BlackBerry 10 Application using the BlackBerry 10 NDK
– BlackBerry Native SDK for BlackBerry Tablet OS: Advanced Tooling
– Building HTML5 Apps with Native Capabilities
– Advanced BlackBerry HTML5 development: WebGL, custom extensions and remote web Inspector
– How to get that Native Look and Feel using bbUI & Alice.js
– Making the Most of Existing Public Web Development Frameworks
At BlackBerry World Alex Saunders, RIM’s VP of Developer Relations, announced a few new developer initiatives. First, a “BlackBerry Jam Rewards program” was created and offers up devs the chance to win free trips and other prizes. A new “Certified” app program that ensures your BlackBerry app is of the highest quality, potentially leading towards producing more revenue. Along with the certified app program there’s a guarantee from RIM that if your certified app doesn’t earn $10,000 in the the first year, they’ll write you a check for the outstanding amount.
Pretty solid reasons to attend the upcoming BlackBerry 10 Jam.
Go forth and register here at BlackBerry