Google reports strong Q2 earnings on mobile advertising growth


Google today reported a big second quarter, with revenues of $17.7 billion, with a GAAP net income of $3.9 billion, or $4.93 EPS.

The company reported slower growth over the same period a year ago as it continues to transition its business to a more mobile-focused infrastructure. Advertising revenue still comprises 90% of the company’s overall revenue, with “Other revenues” making up the remaining 10% at $1.7 billion.

The company is spending more to acquire traffic compared to the same period a year ago, but Google’s core business is generally steady. As usual, Google didn’t break down Android’s performance in its press release, other than to say that its “strong Q2 results reflect continued growth across the breadth of our products, most notably core search, where mobile stood out, as well as YouTube and programmatic advertising.”