This week, Daniel and Douglas talk about the big topic they missed last week: Alphabet. What spurred the move, and will it make Google a better-run company? And why did Google decide to start making routers, anyway?
Also on the show, Star Trek vs. Star Wars vs. Ignorance, and the launch of the Many Smartphones, including the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the Galaxy S6 edge+, the Moto X Play, and the OnePlus 2. Which one would you take to a deserted island for a month (along with your one significant other)?
- Google is now Alphabet
- Android M is Marshmallow, coming soon as Android 6.0
- The OnePlus 2 is great, but it’s also flawed
- Samsung’s two latest smartphones are now in Canada — are you buying?
- The Galaxy S6 edge+ is a really bad name
- Shomi is now available to all Canadians
- Rogers and Fido to launch WiFi calling with iOS 9
- The Moto X Play is really good
- Kik is now valued at $1 billion after $50 investment from WeChat owner
Hosts: Douglas Soltys, Daniel Bader
Duration: 1hr 5min
Subscribe to the RSS Audio feed (Use this link if you’re looking to add the SyrupCast to your favourite podcast app, like Pocket Casts)
Subscribe to the iTunes Audio feed
Subscribe to the Stitcher Audio feed
Like our little podcast? Please leave a review on iTunes or wherever you download it. We really appreciate it!
P.S. While you’re listening, check out Daniel’s newest podcast, Fresh Fruit with Eric Leamen, covering the latest Apple news and reviews.