Happy Holidays and welcome back to SyrupDrop! December 25th is drawing near, but the tech news reel just keeps spinning.
This week in tech, one of Canada’s startup darlings has been acquired by a wearable giant in a less than satisfying way, the Note 7 saga may at last (finally) come to an end, along with the design patent trial of the century.
For a full list of the stories covered in this episode, see below:
- Fitbit reportedly set to acquire Pebble for a ‘small amount’
- Pebble to cancel Pebble Time 2 and Core following Fitbit acquisition, says report
- Pebble confirms it’s no longer manufacturing or selling smartwatches
- Samsung Canada says it will ‘deactivate service’ on all Note 7s on Dec. 15th
- The Note 7’s battery issue may have been easily avoided, says new report
- Supreme Court reverses Apple’s $399M victory over Samsung in design case