PlayStation has shown off seven trends in PlayStation gaming throughout 2022.
- 2022 saw a lot of cats in gaming, with titles like Stray, Ghostwire Tokyo, Sonic Frontiers, Cult of the Lamb and Persona 5.
- Games like God of War: Ragnarok, The Last of Us Part 1 and Horizon Forbidden West offered adjustable settings and emphasized accessibility.
- Crazy sports games like Windjammers, OlliOlli World, Curse to Golf and Rollerdome brought crazy physics to ordinary sports.
- We got some diverse battle royale titles like Deathverse: Let It Die, Rumbleverse and Call of Duty: Warzone, and Epic brought Unreal Engine 5 to Fortnite.
- Quite a few games let you play with friends, including Dead By Daylight, Evil Dead: The Game, Ghostbusters: Spirit Unleashed, Back 4 Blood and Resident Evil Re: Verse.
- Free-roaming games like Elden Ring, Sonic Frontiers, Stray, Horizon Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok let you travel their worlds and explore.
- Lastly, Amicia and Hugo from A Plague Tale: Requiem, Kratos and Atreus from God of War: Ragnarok show us how important family is. This includes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge and the family you make in Persona 5: Royal and The Last of Us Part: 1.
Did you play any of the titles that feature these trends? While I haven’t encountered many cats in games over the past year, I spent a lot of time exploring Elden Ring, God of War: Ragnarok and even Weird West. And while I haven’t played much of A Plague Tale: Requiem, that game and God of War: Ragnarok definitely inspire confidence and love in family.
Source: PlayStation Blog